Saturday, November 29, 2008

Journal: Saturday, 11/29/08

► Overcast, calm and 43ºF/6ºC @ midnight.

► A very brief, very light rain shower earlier. 42ºF/5ºC @ 4:30 AM.

► The tops of our sweet gum trees are full of cedar waxwings scarfing down the seeds in the recently opened sweet gum balls. (Overcast, calm and 45ºF/7ºC @ 10 AM)


► Blogger is moving too slowly for me and my dialup to accomplish anything. (Overcast and dreary , calm wind and 47ºF/8ºC @ 1 PM)

► Light drizzle fall off and on. (45ºF/7ºC @ 2 PM)

► Not quite mizzling, but very, very close. 44ºF/6ºC @ 4:45 PM.

► Heading back down to my dungeon -- I mean "shop". (45ºF/6ºC @ 7 PM)

► Jo is in the final stages of a countdown, waiting for the pots in the kiln to cool enough she can safely remove them. Then, she'll reload and do another glaze firing. Pots removed while still too warm cool too fast and can crack, or the glaze might craze badly at the very least. I'm not looking forward to seeing this month's electric bill.

Jo got the kiln reloaded with no problem. A few hours later, I started the glaze firing at midnight. The reason we waited a few hours before starting the firing was so that Jo will be up and around Sunday morning when the firing reaches the point where in needs monitoring.


Subscribe to me on FriendFeed

.
Share/Bookmark