Sunday, November 30, 2008

Journal: Sunday, 11/30/08

►  Keep seeing stars overhead although it's supposed to be cloudy.  A chance of snow in our forecast for later today.  (40ºF/4ºC @ 2 AM)

►  Time to call it a day.  (38ºF/3ºC @ 4 AM)


►  Awoke around eight o'clock.  38ºF/3ºC and sleeting.  Went back to bed.  It was too early for me to get up anyway.

►  Still 38ºF/3ºC and a mixture of drizzle and snow is falling from the sky. The weather is not improving after my returns to sleep, so I decided to go ahead and start my Sunday. Coffee consumption underway.

►  Alternating between drizzle, sleet and snow.  The temperature is still 38ºF/3ºC @ 1 PM.

►  Afternoon walk: Not very pleasant in wet snow shower, but we made the regular trip to the gate and back. One of those times when Jo and I would not have been motivated to get the exercise were it not for the dogs. (36ºF/2ºC @ 4:45 PM)



►  I don't care if the thermometer does say it's 35ºF/1ºC; there's ice on the porch steps. (Methinks, the pick up bulb for the thermometer is too close to the house.)

►  The temperature fell into the upper twenties overnight.  Skies remained cloudy but the precipitation stopped around sunset.  We ended up with a light dusting of snow here and there by day's end.  I guess this event qualities as our first snow of the season, but just barely.

Subscribe to me on FriendFeed



.
Share/Bookmark